Travellers often face situations of flight delays and long waiting time at airports. Sometimes, they have to wait really long. Hence, they search for things which may help in passing their time. Airports are much better than train stations when comes to amenities. As a result, there are a lot of things that you can do while waiting for your flight. In this blog, we will give you some suggestions on how you can pass your time at airports.
Here are a few suggestions for passing your time at airports:
1. Grab a Coffee/Drink: Look for a Café/Bar to grab a drink. It would be a great idea to think about your travel experiences or plans while having a cup of coffee or a glass of Beer.
2. Have some Snacks: If the wait is too long, get on to a restaurant and have a mini meal. If you are travelling by a no frill airline which may or may not offer anything to eat, it’s important to grab a bite at the Terminal.
3. Explore the Airport: Airports today are like 5 Star Hotel. Thus, you will have a lot of things to see in the terminal. Most of the Airports have sufficient facilities to entertain you for an hour or so. If you are at Airports like London Heathrow, Frankfurt, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Hong Kong or Singapore; you would be entertained for hours. In fact, Dubai Airport is so big it would take you a day to fully explore.
4. Airport Lounges: Usually Airport Lounges are reserved for First, Business classes and Premium Frequent flyers. But nowadays, some airports are offering lounges to all passengers for a small fee. These Lounges are open to all classes of passengers and airlines.
5. Dive into a Book: Carry a book with you and read it. You can also read a book in your Phone/tablet. An interesting book will keep you occupied for long.
6. Use WiFi: Some airports have it for free, while some charge. Connect your phone/tablet/laptop with WiFi and spend time chatting with friends/families, playing online games or browsing through YouTube. Everyone knows how fast time passes while you are doing these things.
7. Hang around Shops: Duty Free Shops are a great way to pass time, especially if you are shopaholic. Do some last minute shopping for friends and families, or just window shop.
8. Talk to other Travelers: It is a great idea to interact with other travellers. May be your new friend can give you more insights about the place that you are visiting.
These were some suggestions on how to pass time while waiting at the Airport. If you have any other suggestions, feel free to comment…..
For updates on our new Blogs, Join us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/360travellers